Turnkey Website Installation Guide
IMPORTANT: DO NOT install WordPress on the destination server. The importbuddy script will install all files, including WordPress. If you already installed wordPress, delete any pre-installed WordPress to avoid installation conflicts.
Quick Guide for Experienced WordPress Users
The .zip folder you purchased and downloaded from mybiz4me.com will include
- Files to upload folder
- backup zip folder
- importbuddy script
- login details
2. Upload the backup file and the importbuddy script on the root folder of your domain/subdomain.
3. Run the installation script on your browser by typing this url format in the address bar: http://”yourdomain”.com/importbuddy.php.
4. Enter the default ImportBuddy password found in the “login details” located in the downloaded then simply follow the on-screen prompts.
That’s it. The whole installation process can be done in under ten minutes depending on your internet speed.
NOTE: The ImportBuddy password is found in the notepad file called “Login Details“. The default blog admin username and password is also included in that file.
Step by Step Guide
Step 1 – Set up a MySQL database
- Go here to see detailed instructions
- Go here to see where to find MySQL database wizard
- Make sure to copy and save the details you set up in this process, you will need them later
Step 2 – Upload the Installation Files
- On your computer, unzip the blog package you purchased and downloaded from mybiz4me.com. Free WinZip version is usually pre-installed in most Windows based computers.
- After unzipping, open the folder “Files To Upload“. This is where the actual “installation files” are placed. DO NOT unzip the backup file.
- The “Files to Upload” folder should contain the “backup file” (usually in a “backup-blogname-some78ue” file name format) and the “importbuddy script“.
- In your cPanel dashboard find the “File Manager” icon then click on it.
- A new tab/window will open. On the new window, you should see the File Manager Page.
- On the left side click on public_html.
- In the expanded public_html folder, locate your domain name. This is where you will upload and host your website files.
- You can now upload the installation files by clicking the Upload tool. When clicking the upload tool, the Upload files page will open in a new window/tab .
- Click the “Browse” button to select and upload files from your computer.
- Find and select the installation files from your computer. You can only upload one file at at time so we’ll select the backup file first and then repeat the same step to upload the import buddy script.
- You should now see the progress bar indicator on bottom right of your screen.
- When upload is completed, you are now ready to run the importbuddy script.
Step 3. Run Installation Script
- On your browser, type http://www.”yourdomain”.com/importbuddy.php then hit “Enter” key on your computer keyboard. (Example – http://mybiz4me.com/importbuddy.php).
- Enter ImportBuddy password NOTE: The ImportBuddy password is included with the download file. Open the “Login Details”
- Click “Authenticate” button to continue.
- Click Next Step button to proceed. Nothing to configure here.
- Again on the next page “Step 2 of 6: Unzipping Backup File“, click Next Step button as long as the installation wizard says, “Files successfully extracted.“
- Now, on “Step 3 of 6: URL & Database Settings”
Note:. This is a crucial step. You will enter the database name, user and user password you set up in the MySQL database setup. Now, open the notepad where you pasted the database info when you created it in MySQL wizard. Simply copy and paste your database, user name and user password right into the fields, this way you won’t chance typing any errors. If any of this information is entered incorrectly, your connection will fail.NOTE: You don’t need to change the “MySQL Server” and “Database Prefix“. Just leave it as it is.
- When you’re done adding the database settings, click “Test Database Settings” button to check if the installation script can connect to the database with those details. If all indication says “Success“, then simply click on Next Step button to continue.
- On “Step 4 of 6: Database Import” you should see the message “Initial database import complete!“. Click “Next Step” button to proceed.
- On “Step 5 of 6: Database Migration (Updating URLs, paths, etc)“, check if your new site is working. Simply click the URL after “Import complete for site:” When your new site opens up in a new window, check it (and leave it open) but come back to complete this process. Click the button to clean up all the temporary files created in the installation.
- Site is complete! Congratulations, your new turnkey website is ready to go.
Our goal was to make this installation process as simple and straightforward as possible. If you encountered any difficulties or if you feel this guide can be improved, please share your thoughts and ideas. We’d love to hear from you.
While you build your marketing business and after 2 or 3 more successful turnkey website package installations , you will likely not need to follow this guide anymore.
Congratulations and thank you!
You can now Login to your new website, create new user profile, replace affiliate links and get familiar with all of it’s powerful features. Details on how to do each of these are inside your WordPress admin area.
IMPORTANT: After installing your ready made blogs make sure to update WordPress and all the plugins.
For questions and product issues please contact us using our online contact form.
Your feedback is highly appreciated. We want to make sure our turnkey websites have the features and functionality that you expect and allow us to give you the best experience we possibly can.
8,332 total views, 1 views today